10-day DFSS Green Belt certification course. Intended for technical personnel closely involved in requirements analysis, conceptual design, optimization and risk management such as engineers, chemists or information scientists.
Learn how to apply the core elements of DFSS and Six Sigma to innovation, risk management and Root Cause problem-solving. Be able to select suitable methodological support for product and system design projects. During Green Belt training you will apply methodology in highly interactive, hands-on classroom simulations.
- History of Six Sigma
- Design for Six Sigma and ISO/TS 16949
- DMAIC and DMADV (IDOV) Processes for Six Sigma and DFSS
- DFSS in the Idea-to-Offer (ItO) process
- Project Charter, SIPOC and Boundary Diagrams
- Kano model and the Voice of Customer
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and the Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Identifying potential root causes, Ishikawa (Fishbone) diagram, (y=f(x))
- Basic Six Sigma statistics
- Sample size determination and AQL
- Measurement System Analysis: Kappa-Study, Type 1 Study, Gage R&R
- Process Capability
- Hypothesis tests for numerical and attribute data
- Introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Functional analysis methods: FAST, System Analysis
- Innovation and conceptual design: Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ), Morphological Box and Pugh Matrix
- Robust Design: P-Chart, Robustness Checklist, Interface Matrix, QFD Design Knowledge Matrix and DOE for Robust Design
- Statistical Tolerance Analysis
- Risk Management: Product and Process FMEA, qualitative Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Process Control Plans
- Statistical Process Control (Control Charts)
- Introduction to Reliability and Weibull analysis
Managers and employees involved in requirements analysis, conceptual design, risk management, and Root Cause problem-solving in engineering, quality management, or product and process design. Participants will take a written exam at the end of the course. To receive Green Belt certification participants must successfully complete and submit a Green Belt project after attending the course.
This course can be visited with or without attending Six Sigma Yellow Belt before. Participants are required to bring a Laptop computer with the appropriate software packages installed. The software package to be used will be indicated in the invitation. We typically use QUALICA or EXCEL for DFSS and EXCEL, MINITAB, JMP, R or CRGRAPH software for statistics.