10-day Black Belt certification course. Requires DFSS Green Belt training. Required for specialists and project leaders who want to be able to develop a roadmap of methods to be used on a given project or who need to be able to facilitate workshops.
Learn how to apply Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma to complex and cross functional projects. Be able to use advanced statistical data analysis and decision-making tools. Lead teams of Green Belts and Yellow Belts. Black Belt training will provide you with in-depth understanding of the Six Sigma toolkit. During this training course you will apply six Sigma tools in highly interactive hands-on classroom simulations.
- DFSS and Six Sigma in complex and non-standard situations
- Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) for concept selection and prioritization
- Advanced Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Qualitative and quantitative Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Process capability for non-normal data
- Hypothesis testing for non-normal data
- Advanced ANOVA and Multiple Linear Regression Analysis
- Measurement System Analysis (Gage R&R) for destructive testing
- Advanced Design of Experiments: Response Surface Methodology, DSD, Plackett-Burman, and d-Optimal Designs
- P-Chart, Robustness Checklist, QFD Design Knowledge Matrix and DOE for Robust Design
- Propagation of Error
- Axiomatic Design and the Design Structure Matrix
- Mixture Experiments and DOE for Design Space characterization for ICH Quality by Design (optional)
- Multivariate Analysis: PCA and Partial Least Squares
- Sample size determination and AQL
- Statistical Tolerancing and Monte-Carlo simulation
- Advanced Control Charts
- Reliability, planning of life cycle tests, warranty claim and field repair data analysis using Weibull and other models
- Managing Six Sigma projects
DFSS Green Belts who need a broader toolset to solve complex nonstandard situations. Participants will need to pass a written exam at the end of the course. To receive Black Belt certification participants must successfully complete and submit a Black Belt project after attending the course.
Participants must have attended Green Belt training before attending this course. Participants are required to bring a Laptop computer with the appropriate statistical and DFSS software package installed. The software packages used will be agreed upfront and indicated in the course invitation. We typically use a combination of QUALICA or EXCEL for DFSS and MINITAB, JMP, R, MODDE, SIMCA, STATEASE or CRGRAPH software or a combination thereof for Six Sigma statistics.